5.4.2 Who should receive pre-exposure prophylaxis?

PreP [1] should be given to everyone that may come in contact with wildlife during the ORV programme (wildlife biologists and technicians, forestry officers, veterinarians) or anyone in contact with potentially infectious tissue, for example in a diagnostic laboratory). Hunters should not necessarily universally receive PreP.

Children should not necessarily universally receive PreP too but be educated on the importance of avoiding contact with wildlife, how to keep wildlife at a healthy distance, how to treat pets, and why they must tell an adult if they are bitten, scratched or licked by a fox (or other wildlife), dog or cat.


Home | Contact | Site Map |
Version 1 - Last updated November 2012